Sandwich

back to list
  • Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
  • View EPC in new window
  • Ask a Question

    Do you have any questions about this property? Call us on the number to the right or use the form below to send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

    1.  
    2.  
    3.  
    4.  
    Send Enquiry
  • Book Viewing

    Would you like to book a viewing of this property? Call us on the number to the right or use the form below to send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

    1.  
    2.  
    3.  
    4.  
    Send Viewing Request
  • Email a Friend

    Send this property's details to a friend.  

    1.  
    2.  
    Send Email

Property Thumbnail Image

Sandwich Centre

£117,500 Leasehold

Marketed by our Sandwich office

Call 01304 612197 and quote 8776150.


Main Features

  • 2 Bedrooms
  • 1 Receptions
  • 1 Bathrooms
  • Two Bedroom First Floor Retirement Flat
  • South after location
  • Communal Gardens
  • Residents Parking
  • Modern Shower Room

Description

A first floor apartment within a purpose built block of retirement flats with shared communal gardens and just half a mile from Sandwich town centre.

Property Brochure, EPC & Particulars

Download the Brochure

Full Description

Situation

Located just half a mile from the centre of this medieval town, the apartment is a short walk from the Sandwich railway station (with Javelin High Speed service to London) and a ten minute walk from the picturesque town centre area. Sandwich provides a variety of interesting shops and boutiques with many coffee shops, pubs and restaurants and other amenities whilst further shopping is available in the larger nearby centres of Canterbury, Deal and at Westwood Cross, Broadstairs. A petrol service station just around the corner from the apartment is the most local of the shops.

The Property

A two bedroom first floor apartment within a well run purpose built block of retirement flats. There are shared communal gardens surrounding the building, car parking and laundry facilities and a part time site manager who looks after the smooth running of the building and any maintenance issues. The accommodation comprises entrance hall, living/dining room, fitted kitchen (the units are a bit dated), two double bedrooms and a lovely modern shower-room/WC. There are four built-in storage cupboards or wardrobes including an airing cupboard. Some refurbishment will be required.

Entrance Hall

Living/Dining Room

16' 10'' x 10' 10'' (5.13m x 3.30m)

Kitchen

13' 5'' x 5' 3'' (4.09m x 1.60m)

Bedroom One

11' 9'' x 8' 6'' (3.58m x 2.59m)

Bedroom Two

13' 4'' narrowing to 11" x 8' 4'' (4.06m x 2.54m)

Bathroom

9' 1'' x 4' 9'' (2.77m x 1.45m)

Outside

The flats are set in attractive grounds with provision for parking in a private car park adjacent and with a clothes drying area. There is an entryphone system and an emergency 24 hour call system. The building stands in open plan communal gardens with a washing drying area, concealed, to the rear just outside the laundry room where there are washing facilities to save the need for a washing machine and tumbler inside the flats. There is a large communal car park which is rarely full and a back door into the building from that direction.

Services

All main services are understood to be connected to the property. Tenure:- The property is held on a 70% shared equity basis with the balance of a 125 year lease which commenced on 2nd April 1986. The remaining 30% stake is retained and held by the freeholder. This makes the apartments more easily affordable for the retired, for whom the properties were designed.

The apartment can only be sold to someone who is 55 years old (or more). No Ground Rent is payable. The maintenance fund for the building is fully managed by Housing&Care21 and the current (1st March 2018) service charge payment for this apartment is 181.85 pounds per month, so 2,182.20 per annum.